Make the right choice and come to Union Metal Works when you are seeking quality aluminum and steel balusters. We are proud to provide you with great products for the following reasons:
- Experienced Business – Since 1992, our business has been providing high-quality balusters to people across the country. Our founders had years of experience working in the auto industry, so they took this knowledge and use it to make balusters that have quality coatings, look aesthetically pleasing, and are perfect for use in any environment.
- Built to Last – As stated before, we have used our experience working in the auto industry to build a baluster that is made to last. It doesn’t matter if it snows all winter long or if you are located near a rainy area by the beach, you’ll know that these balusters will look great in any weather. For your peace of mind, we provide you with warranties for both our steel and aluminum balusters.
- Work on a Budget – Saving money is important, but you don’t want to invest in sub-standard goods. Our business provides high-end balusters that allow you to do what you want and still remain on or even under budget.
Review the selections we have available and place your order today! Our team is confident that you’ll be pleased with the balusters from Union Metal Works.
Are you considering investing in new deck rails? Take a look at just a handful of the reasons why you should shop for balusters at Union Metal Works:
- Durable Selections – When you purchase our balusters for your deck rails, you can rest assured that you are selecting balusters that last. Our business offers high-quality metal selections that are resistant to rust and corrosion. Whether it rains regularly or you deal with heavy snow all winter long, you can remain confident that your deck will look great afterwards.
- Save Money – Making an investment in a new deck railing system can get expensive, but it doesn’t have to be when you shop online at Union Metal Works. Our business offers affordable aluminum and steel selections at prices that won’t break the bank. As we said before, they are built to last, so you won’t have to worry about replacing them in a few years.
- Easy to Maintain – Doing regular maintenance on your home can be frustrating, so having portions that you don’t have to worry about can be helpful. On the whole, there is very little you have to do to maintain these balusters outside of just cleaning them off if they get dirty!
Take a look at the aluminum and steel balusters we have to offer and place an order with our business today. When you shop at Union Metal Works, you‘ll receive balusters for your deck rails that look great and fit your budget.
Studies have shown that living and experiencing nature can help improve your life. If you feel a lot of stress, you can reduce it by spending time in green spaces. What better place for a green space than your own home? People suffering from chronic fatigue and anxiety, as well as individuals that just are feeling the general stress of life, may benefit from spending time outdoors.
Researchers at the University of Edinburgh came to this conclusion by measuring the levels of cortisol, which is the hormone that causes stress, in a group of people ages 35 to 55. They discovered that individuals who lived in a space that is less than 30% green had unhealthy levels of cortisol. Additionally, the study showed that people who live in areas with more green space respond better to day-to-day disruptions and other stressful events.
You can relax and experience the outdoors around your home with a brand new deck. Union Metalworks offers high-quality and affordable aluminum balusters for decks. Whether you are building a new home or just doing some renovations, you can rest assured that we will be able to provide you with excellent deck balusters that look amazing. Take a look at our wide array of options and place an order online today!
Whether you live in a cold or a warm climate, having a deck attached to your home is a great investment. From increasing your home’s property value to just improving your backyard, choosing a new deck for your home can change the way you live. One of the best things you can do with your deck is host an outdoor party.
If you have ever been to a party at a home with a nice deck, then you know it’s a great place for people to hang out, have a few drinks, and enjoy the weather! You can plan a birthday party on your deck and not have to worry about children damaging your carpets, plan a summer barbecue and let the smoky smells wash over you, or just have some friends over for cocktails and conversation. You’ll be able to look out over your backyard and just enjoy the sights, sounds, and smells of the outdoors.
When designing a new deck for your home, you can find amazing spindles for your needs from Union Metalworks. Our business offers a wide array of metal spindles for decks at prices that cannot be beat, allowing you to build a beautiful deck without breaking the bank.
Re-doing your deck, porch, or staircase handrails is a great way to spice up little elements of your home in a way that has a big effect. In order to affect this change, you obviously need to purchase the right products. While balusters themselves are relatively inexpensive, paying someone to install the balusters can rack up the overall cost quickly. Because of this, it can be much simpler to install the balusters yourself, saving the labor costs for other renovations you may have planned. If you’ve never done this before, or you’re not the most construction-savvy person, you don’t need to worry. Installing metal balusters in wooden hand rails is a fairly simple process. We’ve outlined the basic steps below:
- Make sure you have the necessary tools (desired balusters, epoxy/hot glue, power tool with a metal cutting blade, drill & drill bit, and optional baluster shoes).
- If you still need to remove old wooden balusters, cut them in half and remove the two halves. Wooden balusters can be secured in a few different ways, so removing the top and bottom pieces will be different for each situation.
- Next, you need to drill holes in the two locations the baluster will be secured in. The holes will have to be a little larger than the balusters themselves so that they can be fitted properly. If you opt out of balusters shoes (which hide the drilled holes) you will need to drill holes that perfectly fit your selected baluster.
- You now need to cut the balusters so they’re the proper length for your given situation. Measure the distance between the handrail and the floor, and then typically add about 1.5 inches. Cut at this added measurement from the bottom of the baluster.
- Make sure your first measured baluster fits properly, and then install! Using the epoxy or hot glue, slide the baluster into the glued hole, and then glue the shoes if you choose to use them.
Voila! We told you it was simple. With this easy guide your renovation project becomes a simple task that takes less than a day and saves you money. Another way to save money is getting the best deal you can on balusters. You of course don’t want to sacrifice quality for price though, and you can be sure that UnionMetalWorks.com you won’t lose any quality for our well-priced products. Visit our online store today to start your cost-efficient renovation process.
Your home can be a part of your life that can show off your unique style and tastes. If you truly consider all of the small details involved in the creation of a home, you’ll realize that each home can be completely unique from one another if you want it to be. If you have a wooden porch, deck, or staircase in your home, a good way to make them look more elegant and diverse is to change out the plain wooden balusters installed in them and replace them with black metal balusters.
While wooden balusters can still be attractive pieces, metal balusters give something extra to the atmosphere of your home. In combination with that, you can add a beautiful stain of your choice to the wood to either match or compliment the black metal balusters. Both are fairly cheap renovation ideas that are also projects you and your family can complete yourselves! Balusters are less than 3 dollars apiece and can easily be installed in less than a day (keep watch for an upcoming blog post with a guide for this process). If you compare the before of your drab, wooden handrail with the effect afterward of sleek black metal balusters and a beautifully stained railing, the results will speak for themselves.
Balusters are small details you may look over when trying to revamp your home. However, as we’ve discussed in this post, this little detail can be a cheap and quick way to give your deck, porch, or staircase a whole new vibe. The first place you need to start is the balusters! We’re dedicated to providing our customers with well-priced, high quality balusters, so you don’t need to worry about substandard products during your renovation. Browse our online store to find the balusters for your needs at UnionMetalWorks.com.
At UnionMetalWorks.com, we’re proud to offer well-priced, high-quality metal handrail balusters that will last and look great. Our balusters are made out of steel and aluminum, which ever suits your needs, which are recyclable. However, our balusters shouldn’t wear out on you anytime soon. If you’ve upgraded to metal balusters and in the past you’ve used wooden handrails and balusters, you may have some old ones lying around with no use. Here are a few do-it-yourself (DIY) projects that will help you up-cycle those items.
Small Table – Long and slim balusters make great table legs for a small, elegant side table.
Candlesticks – Repurposing wooden balusters as candlesticks is as simple as making sure the bottom is flat and sturdy and securing a candle to the other end.
Spindle Wreath – If you have a rather mismatched collection of balusters, securing them in a wreath-like shape makes a homey and eclectic wall decoration.
Embellishments on other Furniture – If you have any plain, flat-facing wooden cabinets, drawers, or so on, cutting old balusters and using them as embellishments is a great way to make them a little more exciting.
If none of these projects were for you, try to come up with a new use for an old baluster yourself! As you can see just from these few projects, balusters can be very versatile so you won’t have an issue getting crafty.
For more information on our long-lasting metal balusters, visit UnionMetalWorks.com today!
In a previous blog post we laid out some of the benefits of investing in a deck for your home – but those were only a few of numerous reasons they’re a great addition. Here are some more reasons, in case you still need convincing, that a deck may be right for you.
The added square footage you’ll gain from adding a deck to your home will make you wonder why you didn’t build one sooner. Great for barbeques, having a few friends over or parties, a deck will give you much more room for you, your family and friends to spend time in.
Relatively Low Cost
Compared to a lot of other home improvement options, a deck is much cheaper. It is an easily achievable addition, and, as stated in our previous post, has a significant return on your investment. Depending on how large you want your deck and the materials you choose, a deck is a relatively inexpensive home addition to choose.
A great thing about decks is that you can completely make them your own. Just like decorating a room, you get to decide exactly what goes into your deck: size, shape, colors, furnishings, uses, etc. You can add features like a grill, pool, hot tub, and more depending on what YOU decide you want to use it for. Since you’re starting from scratch, you get to make all the choices to create your perfect deck.
So now we’ve won you over, and it’s time to start that customization process! Picking the right materials for your investment is an important step in that process, and we’re here to help. Check out our metal balusters today at UnionMetalWorks.com.
If you’re a first-time homeowner or if you’re just looking to spice up the residence you’re currently in, a deck is a great option. Decks are incredibly popular and are the perfect place to relax during any season, not to mention a good deck is a great place to have company over. There are, in fact, many benefits from your property having a deck that you may not have considered before, but we’re here to help! Below are just a few of the many benefits a deck can offer you:
Your Home Value Increases
You spent a lot of money on your home, and you want to make sure it continues to be of good worth. Decks will increase the value of your home so that in the end, you’re likely to get back 72% of building the deck due to the increased resale value.
Makes the Best of Difficult Landscapes
If your home is on a hill, you have a rocky backyard, or your landscape is mostly unusable for another reason, a deck can make use of that space. What was once something difficult to maneuver will now be a great backyard that you no longer have to ignore.
Relatively Quick and Easy Construction
Decks are fairly quick projects and, since they’re outside, won’t disturb your day-to-day life in your home!
If we haven’t convinced you yet that a deck is a great investment for your home, stay tuned for some more advantages. If we have convinced you, now you have to start making choices! We suggest using metal balusters for decks, and we have great options for you at UnionMetalWorks.com. Visit our website today to get started on your home improvement project.
Your front porch is a major aspect of your home’s curb appeal. It makes a strong statement about you, and the rest of your home. A beautiful and well-maintained front porch is important for every homeowner. If you want to make your porch look modern, distinctive and beautiful, consider adding curved balusters to your railing.
Houses were not meant to all look the same. Your home should be a reflection of who you are, or who you want to be. Most of the homes in your neighborhood probably utilize the standard, straight baluster model on their front porch. Older homes may even have filigreed balusters. If you want your home to stand out from the rest, adding curved balusters to your porch will give it a unique, modern look that will be the envy of all your neighbors.
Because they are so unique, curved balusters will make your home look beautiful. Typical straight balusters fade into the background unnoticed. Curved balusters immediately draw the eye because of their interesting shape.
When remodeling or designing your front porch, you will have many different types of balusters to choose from. The color and finish on your balusters can be made to make the exterior of your home, but choosing the shape of your new balusters may be a challenge. Consider using curved balusters to add unique beauty to the exterior of your home. Check out our gallery today, to learn more!