Your home is an important space. Many homeowners often forget about the backyard, but it’s actually one of the best places in your home. Here are some of the reasons why it’s important to have a nice backyard:
A Great Place to Experience the Outdoors – When you go out into your backyard, you are experiencing the outdoors on your terms. This is your space to have trees, plants, and other greenery to help you feel at peace with the world.
Entertain Outdoors – Whether it’s the summer and you want to enjoy the warmth of the sun or you are just someone who loves to grill, having a nice backyard is perfect for people who love to entertain. You can play games out in the grass or you can sit on the deck and watch the sunset.
Grow a Garden – If you are interested in staying healthy and eating right, having your own garden is great inspiration. There is nothing more satisfying than growing your own fruits and vegetables, then using them to cook a nice, wholesome meal for yourself and your family.
You can take your backyard to the next level with a new deck. It doesn’t matter if you are building it yourself or having a professional do the installation, you can save money and make your deck look perfect with new balusters from Union Metal Works.
Upgrading your home is important. It’s great for the neighborhood and allows you to reinvent your property. Here are some benefits of adding a deck to the front of your home:
Enjoy the Front of Your Home – The front of your house is part of the home where you just don’t spend a lot of time. If you live in an area with great weather or you just want to enjoy your neighborhood from a different point of view, a deck may be the thing you need.
Make Your Home Distinct – Many new homes are built using cookie-cutter designs, so you can make your home stand out with a new deck. People in your neighborhood will take a look at your home and be impressed at how unique your home is.
Improve Your Property Value – Whether you are trying to sell your home or are just trying to gain a little equity, a deck is a great investment. Potential buyers will be impressed at how distinct the home looks and the deck will make your house stand out amongst other local listings.
When you start the installation process, you need to make sure you use quality materials to build your deck. Whether you are working on the front or the back of your home, you can rest assured that Union Metal Works has the balusters you need for your deck rails.
Summertime is the ideal time to build a deck! Our deck rails look amazing and serve as a safety feature. Our main goal is keeping your family safe while you enjoy the patio this summer. By having the right deck rails, you can prevent accidents and fines.
Who could get hurt without deck rails?
- Children- During the summer, children are outside more often. When children are playing, they are not looking to see how close they are to the edge. The deck rails keep young children from walking off the patio.
- Pets- Your furry friends can get very excited when playing and not pay attention to where they are. Our deck rails prevent your pets from exiting the patio anywhere except the stairs.
- Your Wallet- Depending on where you live, the deck railing has to be a certain height. This is a safety precaution so nobody accidently falls off. If your deck is not up to code, you could receive a fine.
Even if you do not have young children or pets, your patio still has to be up to code for safety reasons. The safety of your family comes first! If you need any assistance in placing your order, please give us a call at (859) 991-1881 today.
Build a new deck this summer, so you can entertain family and friends! Spend the summer grilling out and enjoying the warm weather on your deck without breaking the bank. Balusters have many purposes such as supporting the railings, decorative appeal, and ensuring pets or small children do not fall off. Create a patio that appeals to your style with our variety of balusters.
Our 3 Baluster Styles:
- Gothic Straight Aluminum- Personalize your own space with these lightweight balusters! They are available in white, black, and bronze. You can choose the color that matches your patio furniture or wood stain.
- Archer Curved Steel- The curved balusters are a type of commonly called belly balusters, with one large belly out. They give the illusion of extra space without changing the size of your deck. This look will create an elegant atmosphere for you to enjoy all summer long.
- Ponderosa Straight Steel- These steel balusters are very durable and affordable. The straight lines offer a different look for you to choose from.
Sticking to your deck-building budget will be easier than ever, no matter which style of baluster you choose! All of our balusters are reasonably priced. Call us at (859) 991-1881 with any questions regarding the differences between our balusters. Let us help you build the deck of your dreams.
Make the right choice and come to Union Metal Works when you are seeking quality aluminum and steel balusters. We are proud to provide you with great products for the following reasons:
- Experienced Business – Since 1992, our business has been providing high-quality balusters to people across the country. Our founders had years of experience working in the auto industry, so they took this knowledge and use it to make balusters that have quality coatings, look aesthetically pleasing, and are perfect for use in any environment.
- Built to Last – As stated before, we have used our experience working in the auto industry to build a baluster that is made to last. It doesn’t matter if it snows all winter long or if you are located near a rainy area by the beach, you’ll know that these balusters will look great in any weather. For your peace of mind, we provide you with warranties for both our steel and aluminum balusters.
- Work on a Budget – Saving money is important, but you don’t want to invest in sub-standard goods. Our business provides high-end balusters that allow you to do what you want and still remain on or even under budget.
Review the selections we have available and place your order today! Our team is confident that you’ll be pleased with the balusters from Union Metal Works.
Are you considering investing in new deck rails? Take a look at just a handful of the reasons why you should shop for balusters at Union Metal Works:
- Durable Selections – When you purchase our balusters for your deck rails, you can rest assured that you are selecting balusters that last. Our business offers high-quality metal selections that are resistant to rust and corrosion. Whether it rains regularly or you deal with heavy snow all winter long, you can remain confident that your deck will look great afterwards.
- Save Money – Making an investment in a new deck railing system can get expensive, but it doesn’t have to be when you shop online at Union Metal Works. Our business offers affordable aluminum and steel selections at prices that won’t break the bank. As we said before, they are built to last, so you won’t have to worry about replacing them in a few years.
- Easy to Maintain – Doing regular maintenance on your home can be frustrating, so having portions that you don’t have to worry about can be helpful. On the whole, there is very little you have to do to maintain these balusters outside of just cleaning them off if they get dirty!
Take a look at the aluminum and steel balusters we have to offer and place an order with our business today. When you shop at Union Metal Works, you‘ll receive balusters for your deck rails that look great and fit your budget.
Studies have shown that living and experiencing nature can help improve your life. If you feel a lot of stress, you can reduce it by spending time in green spaces. What better place for a green space than your own home? People suffering from chronic fatigue and anxiety, as well as individuals that just are feeling the general stress of life, may benefit from spending time outdoors.
Researchers at the University of Edinburgh came to this conclusion by measuring the levels of cortisol, which is the hormone that causes stress, in a group of people ages 35 to 55. They discovered that individuals who lived in a space that is less than 30% green had unhealthy levels of cortisol. Additionally, the study showed that people who live in areas with more green space respond better to day-to-day disruptions and other stressful events.
You can relax and experience the outdoors around your home with a brand new deck. Union Metalworks offers high-quality and affordable aluminum balusters for decks. Whether you are building a new home or just doing some renovations, you can rest assured that we will be able to provide you with excellent deck balusters that look amazing. Take a look at our wide array of options and place an order online today!
Whether you live in a cold or a warm climate, having a deck attached to your home is a great investment. From increasing your home’s property value to just improving your backyard, choosing a new deck for your home can change the way you live. One of the best things you can do with your deck is host an outdoor party.
If you have ever been to a party at a home with a nice deck, then you know it’s a great place for people to hang out, have a few drinks, and enjoy the weather! You can plan a birthday party on your deck and not have to worry about children damaging your carpets, plan a summer barbecue and let the smoky smells wash over you, or just have some friends over for cocktails and conversation. You’ll be able to look out over your backyard and just enjoy the sights, sounds, and smells of the outdoors.
When designing a new deck for your home, you can find amazing spindles for your needs from Union Metalworks. Our business offers a wide array of metal spindles for decks at prices that cannot be beat, allowing you to build a beautiful deck without breaking the bank.
Re-doing your deck, porch, or staircase handrails is a great way to spice up little elements of your home in a way that has a big effect. In order to affect this change, you obviously need to purchase the right products. While balusters themselves are relatively inexpensive, paying someone to install the balusters can rack up the overall cost quickly. Because of this, it can be much simpler to install the balusters yourself, saving the labor costs for other renovations you may have planned. If you’ve never done this before, or you’re not the most construction-savvy person, you don’t need to worry. Installing metal balusters in wooden hand rails is a fairly simple process. We’ve outlined the basic steps below:
- Make sure you have the necessary tools (desired balusters, epoxy/hot glue, power tool with a metal cutting blade, drill & drill bit, and optional baluster shoes).
- If you still need to remove old wooden balusters, cut them in half and remove the two halves. Wooden balusters can be secured in a few different ways, so removing the top and bottom pieces will be different for each situation.
- Next, you need to drill holes in the two locations the baluster will be secured in. The holes will have to be a little larger than the balusters themselves so that they can be fitted properly. If you opt out of balusters shoes (which hide the drilled holes) you will need to drill holes that perfectly fit your selected baluster.
- You now need to cut the balusters so they’re the proper length for your given situation. Measure the distance between the handrail and the floor, and then typically add about 1.5 inches. Cut at this added measurement from the bottom of the baluster.
- Make sure your first measured baluster fits properly, and then install! Using the epoxy or hot glue, slide the baluster into the glued hole, and then glue the shoes if you choose to use them.
Voila! We told you it was simple. With this easy guide your renovation project becomes a simple task that takes less than a day and saves you money. Another way to save money is getting the best deal you can on balusters. You of course don’t want to sacrifice quality for price though, and you can be sure that UnionMetalWorks.com you won’t lose any quality for our well-priced products. Visit our online store today to start your cost-efficient renovation process.
Your home can be a part of your life that can show off your unique style and tastes. If you truly consider all of the small details involved in the creation of a home, you’ll realize that each home can be completely unique from one another if you want it to be. If you have a wooden porch, deck, or staircase in your home, a good way to make them look more elegant and diverse is to change out the plain wooden balusters installed in them and replace them with black metal balusters.
While wooden balusters can still be attractive pieces, metal balusters give something extra to the atmosphere of your home. In combination with that, you can add a beautiful stain of your choice to the wood to either match or compliment the black metal balusters. Both are fairly cheap renovation ideas that are also projects you and your family can complete yourselves! Balusters are less than 3 dollars apiece and can easily be installed in less than a day (keep watch for an upcoming blog post with a guide for this process). If you compare the before of your drab, wooden handrail with the effect afterward of sleek black metal balusters and a beautifully stained railing, the results will speak for themselves.
Balusters are small details you may look over when trying to revamp your home. However, as we’ve discussed in this post, this little detail can be a cheap and quick way to give your deck, porch, or staircase a whole new vibe. The first place you need to start is the balusters! We’re dedicated to providing our customers with well-priced, high quality balusters, so you don’t need to worry about substandard products during your renovation. Browse our online store to find the balusters for your needs at UnionMetalWorks.com.